The Services We Provide
In exchange for the fees you pay in advance, we will host your website on one or more of our servers, so long as you abide by the terms and conditions that are set out on this page, and in any other agreements that relate to the services we may provide to you. We will provide the services according to the specifications listed for the hosting package you select during the signup process. For clarity, on this page, the term “services” refers to the web hosting services that we will provide to you and, if you are an Affiliate, the services we provide to you in connection with that program.
Permission to Host Your Content
For us to host your website, it is necessary for you to upload your content to our servers. When you do this uploading, you are creating one or more copies of your content on our system. By purchasing hosting services from us, you acknowledge that these copies are being made, and give us the permission (a license) to maintain these copies and make them available to users of the Internet. You are solely responsible for providing all of the content and other data that make up your website.
When the Services Will be Available
We will attempt to provide the services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for as long as you have paid for them. Sometimes, however, for a number of reasons, the services may be unavailable to you. You must recognize and acknowledge that due to the nature of web hosting technology, occasional unavailability of the services cannot be avoided. Sometimes there are equipment malfunctions. At other times we undertake periodic maintenance procedures or repairs. Still other times, there are causes beyond our control like power failures, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks, network traffic and other occurrences. We have not promised to provide you with uninterrupted service. However, as a customer of Reactive Consulting LLC, you have our promise of a 98% monthly uptime guarantee. The uptime guarantee excludes scheduled maintenance, server upgrades, or any customer caused server downtime including site suspension for CPU and memory overages. If you feel that Reactive Consulting has failed to deliver 98% uptime for your paid month of hosting, then you must contact us directly by email or in writing before compensation will be issued. If the downtime results in compensation, it will be credited to your next bill and will not exceed the amount you had paid for that month of hosting – which excludes domain registrations and add-on services.
Acceptable Use/Illegal Activity
Reactive Consulting, LLC strives to maintain a high-level of service, and a lot of customers depend on our high standards of quality. As such, we will not provide services to those that are using our services for:
- Hacking, which includes, for example penetrating or attempting to access, without authorization, another computer or network. Port scans, stealth scans, and fraudulent credit card “phishing” techniques are also prohibited.
- Hosting of files or other data that infringes on another’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Spamming, or sending of bulk unsolicited email. We maintain a strict policy on spamming, which includes the sending of unauthorized commercial messages by use of our services, or by maintaining an open SMTP connection. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate service based on reasonable indications that you are engaged in spamming of any sort.
- Uploading or linking to any content that violates another’s right of publicity or privacy.
- Distributing hate speech, or any other content that is obscene, abusing, which could be considered libellous and defamatory.
- Hosting, storing, or distributing child pornography. If any such content is found and brought to our attention, the proper law enforcement agencies will be notified.
- Shared Hosting Packages are not to be used as a backup service. All stored files that reside on your account must be directly related to your web site. Archiving MP3, video, images or backups is prohibited on shared hosting packages.
- Hosting, storing, or distributing pornographic material. This includes sites that may provide links to adult content elsewhere. In addition, our servers and services may not be used for the propagation, distribution, housing, processing, storing or otherwise handling in any way lewd, obscene, or satanic materials.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) streaming on Reactive Consulting, LLC or network.
Disproportionate loads placed on the server.
The use of your account must be reasonable and you may not place excessive burdens on our servers. While our shared services are suitable for the bulk of our customers, there comes a time that your website(s) are better suited for a larger hosting package, which allows for more dedicated CPU and memory resources. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue service to any customer with a website or other hosted data that uses a high amount of server resources (such as, but not limited to, CPU Time, Memory Usage, and Network Resources). At our election, you will be given an option of either upgrading the service level or reducing the resource usage to an acceptable level, otherwise we reserve the right to limit your use of our servers or take your site offline. Due to the severity of this, and our ability to act quickly to correct these situations to avoid server issues, we will do everything reasonably feasible to provide you with a warning prior to taking your site offline, but we accept no obligation to do so.
These Terms of Service May Change
Due to our evolving business, and the changing nature of the web hosting industry, these terms of service may change. We will post the changes here, and your continued use of the service means you accept the changes we have made.
DMCA Copyright Infringement Information
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have adopted a policy to suspend or terminate the accounts of website owners found to be in violation of copyright. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent (identified below) the following information: [list_orange]
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
c/o Reactive Consulting, LLC
6002 Hemlock NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114
By phone: 505-750-1473
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If Reactive Consulting, LLC is sued or threatened with a lawsuit from a third party because of something you do with the services, or as an affiliate you agree to pick up the tab if Reactive Consulting, LLC is found liable or pays to settle the dispute. In legal terms, this is called “indemnification.” Not only do you agree to reimburse Reactive Consulting, LLC for what it pays to satisfy a judgment or settle a case, you also agree to pay Reactive Consulting, LLC reasonable attorney’s fees and all other costs Reactive Consulting, LLC incurs in defending itself.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Reactive Consulting, LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Reactive Consulting, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ITS SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. Reactive Consulting, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT, NOR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, OR RESULTS OF, ANY OF THE SERVICES IT PROVIDES, IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, in which event that foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL Reactive Consulting, LLC BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT OR GOODWILL, FOR ANY MATTER, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS INCORPORATED AGREEMENTS AND POLICIES, YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, YOUR LOSS OF DATA OR FILES OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Reactive Consulting, LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states may not allow such a broad exclusion or limitation on liability for damages as contained in these terms of services. In those states, our liability is limited to the full extent permitted by law. You agree that in no event shall our maximum aggregate liability exceed the total amount paid by you for the services in dispute purchased from us, or, in the event of liability of Reactive Consulting, LLC.